All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Historical Dictionary of Science and Techlogy in Modern China provides the most up-to-date information on science and techlogy in China from the late nineteenth century to the present. Special attention is given to the historical factors, scientists, and historical figures behind each scientific development. In particular, this book pays attention to the scientists who were persecuted to death or tortured during the Cultural Revolution (1966-1976), and whose scientific research was therefore tragically cut short. The historical dictionary provides information on science and techlogy in China from the late nineteenth century to the present including: *a chrology; *introduction; *extensive bibliography; *over 700 cross-referenced dictionary entries on major scientific and techlogical fields and sub-fields; *entries on western scholars and educators who also impacted scientific achievements in China. This book is an excellent access point for students, researchers, and anyone wanting to kw more about the science and techlogy in China.
- Author BiographyLawrence R. Sullivan is professor of political science at Adelphi University in Garden City, New York, and a research associate at the East Asian Institute of Columbia University in New York City. He is the author of several works including Leadership and Authority in China: 1895-1976 (Lexington Books, 2012), Historical Dictionary of the Chinese Communist Party (Scarecrow Press, 2012) and Historical Dictionary of the People's Republic of China, Second Edition (Scarecrow Press, 2007). Nancy Y. Liu currently works on cancer research at the Sloan-Kettering Institute at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, and is lecturer in the Department of Biology at the College of Staten Island in New York. She is the co-editor and co-translator of Ma Jun, China's Water Crisis (2004) and Dai Qing, The River Dragon has Come!: The Three Gorges Dam and the Fate of China's Yangtze River and Its People (1998).
- Author(s)Lawrence R. Sullivan,Nancy Y. Liu
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania and the Middle East
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note5 graphs
- Weight1062 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine49 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.