All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition is based primarily on recent research on the country, but covers the earliest kwn inhabitants, the colonial era, and the period of independence including the very confusing turmoil of the recent past. The chrology briefly traces its history and the introduction provides an essential overview of all the recent developments in the country. Hundreds of cross-referenced entries describe significant leaders, events, political parties and movements, ethnic groups, and related political, ecomic, and social aspects. A bibliography is included to facilitate further research.
- Author BiographyC. Magbaily Fyle is Professor in the African American Studies and African Studies Departments at the Ohio State University. He has also held positions as Professor of History and African Studies, Director of the Institute of African Studies, and Dean of the Arts Faculty at Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone.
- Author(s)C. Magbaily Fyle
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number99
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight617 g
- Width151 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.