All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionCovers Ukrainian history from the earliest times to 2004 with emphasis on the modern period. Introduces Ukraine, through 700 entries, to the reader through a combination of general articles on population, geography, ecomy, politics, and culture; descriptions of institutions, cultural monuments, political parties, battles and wars; and biographical sketches of key individuals in politics, the arts and sciences, the church, and the military. Includes nine maps and a comprehensive chrology of Ukrainian history. Features the most extensive and up-to-date bibliography of English-language writings on Ukraine currently in print.
- Author BiographyZenon E. Kohut is director of the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies at the University of Alberta. His many works on early modern Ukraine, historiography, and the development of Ukrainian identity include Russian Centralism and Ukrainian Autonomy: Imperial Absorption of the Hetmanate, 1760s- 1830s. Bohdan Y. Nebesio teaches film in the Department of English and Film Studies at the University of Alberta and serves as assistant editor of Canadian Slavonic Papers. His publications focus on the Films of Alexander Dovzhenko, East European cinema, and the history of film theory.Myroslav Yurkevich is senior editor of the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies Press and has participated in the CIUS project to translate Mykhailo Hrushevsky's ten-volume History of Ukraine-Rus' since its inception.
- Author(s)Bohdan Y. Nebesio,Myroslav Yurkevich,Zenon E. Kohut
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication20/04/2005
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Europe
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight1189 g
- Width145 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine55 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.