All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is yet ather fine historical dictionary from Greenwood...This carefully edited work should prove an asset for all reference collections and as a useful handbook for students of twentieth-century American history. Reference Books Bulletin The Dictionary presents more than 700 short essays on people--George Herman Babe Ruth, Warren Gamaliel Harding, and Roscoe Fatty Arbuckle; legislation--Agricultural Marketing Act of 1929, the Revenue Acts of 1921, 1924, and 1926, and the Reconstruction Finance Corporation Act of 1932; popular culture--baseball, motion pictures, radio, jazz; foreign policy--the Washington Naval Conference of 1921-1922, the Nine Power Treaty, the League of Nations; politics; social history--women's rights, the Harlem Renaissance, immigration; and culture--the Lost Generation, expatriatism. A detailed chrology and selected bibliography with twenty-three subcategores complete this history of the 1920s.
- Author BiographyJAMES S. OLSON is Professor of History at Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas.
- Author(s)James Stuart Olson
- Date of Publication27/06/1988
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight782 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.