All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over a century, the conflict between the Arabs and Jews has remained the most intractable problem confronting the world. Hardly a day passes that the Arab-Israeli Conflict is t headlined in the media. It has turned the Arabs and Israelis against one ather, and also embittered relations within the two communities, while drawing the rest of the world into the circle of disruption. The Historical Dictionary of the Arab-Israeli Conflict provides factual background through a list of acronyms and abbreviations, an introductory essay, a chrology, a bibliography, and hundreds of cross-referenced dictionary entries on the more significant persons, places and events, including the various wars and negotiations. The history, religion, culture, and archeology that this rivalry has sparked between the Arabs and Israelis over the same piece of territory is traced in this book, which offers the essential details using neutral terms and thereby allowing readers to draw conclusions for themselves.
- Author BiographyP. R. Kumaraswamy, an Associate Professor at the School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, teaches Israeli politics.
- Author(s)P. R. Kumaraswamy
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of War, Revolution & Civil Unrest
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight621 g
- Width146 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.