All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe Historical Dictionary of the United States Air Force and Its Antecedents presents terms of the significant events, important leaders, and techlogical improvements that define the evolution of the United States Air Force. From just three airmen in 1907, the USAF passed through a peak of 2.4 million service persons during World War II to reach its present strength of around 381,000 officers and airmen. Those 381,000 people are members of the most powerful and proficient military arm in history. Since World War II, the Air Force has fought three major conflicts: the Korean Air War, the Vietnam Air War, and the Persian Gulf Air War. It has also conducted numerous contingency operations such as the Berlin Airlift, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the raid on Libya, and the Bosnian Crisis. This volume documents the USAF presence in all of these conflicts as well as the state of the force during peace time including the Cold War tensions. Dictionary entries present concise, accurate information on aircraft and weapons, operations and wars, different organizational forms and bureaucracies, and the politics which governed as the Air Force sought its independence.
- Author BiographyThe late Michael Robert Terry studied military history at the United States Air Force Academy and at the University of North Dakota. He had 2,600 flight hours served in the Air Force.
- Author(s)Michael Robert Terry
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication27/10/1999
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of War, Revolution & Civil Unrest
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 11
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note15 maps, charts, 16 photographs, appendix, bibliography
- Weight699 g
- Width148 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.