All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe World Health Organization encourages global cooperation in the effort to improve the health and welfare of human beings. Though there remains a consensus among world health professionals about the expertise and necessity of the World Health Organization, like many other international organizations, the WHO faces criticism and budget limitations. Still, historically significant campaigns such as the eradication of smallpox and the current controversy surrounding the WHO's involvement in AIDS education and prevention have increased the importance of detailed information concerning the organization. Compiled with the assistance of past and present WHO staff, medical historians, and health professionals, this work brings together a broad range of data on the World Health Organization. The dictionary covers the key offices, programs, events, and individuals of the WHO from its creation to present calls for reform. An introduction provides a brief history of WHO as the world's first truly global health organization. A chrology of key events, a comprehensive bibliography of primary and secondary sources, and extensive appendixes of basic documents and organizational structures further complement the work.
- Author BiographyKelley Lee (D.Phil., University of Sussex) is Lecturer in International Health Policy at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. She has published extensively on international relations and health-related issues.
- Author(s)Kelley Lee
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/04/1998
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of International Organizations
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 15
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Out-of-print date31/07/2012
- Content Note5 charts, bibliography, appendices
- Weight590 g
- Width147 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.