All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe Navy Department Library built the collection described in this bibliography over a period of many years. These historical manuscripts deal primarily with U.S. naval operations and policy and include information on the outlook and activities of a number of the Navy's past leaders. In terms of chrology, the collection predominantly covers the 19th century, although materials from the 18th and 20th centuries also are included. The library received these documents as transfers from other naval activities or as donations from private individuals. In a few cases, they were acquired through purchase. With the publication of this bibliography, it is at last possible to give scholars, students, and naval professionals a basic tool that will allow them to use an invaluable collection of historical data. We are deeply grateful to Vice Admiral George W. Emery, USN, who prepared this bibliography as a dedicated volunteer in the Navy Department Library. Admiral Emery is a prominent serving officer in today's Navy and an avid and able student of the Navy's early history. Many dimensions of the U.S. Navy's past remain to be explored and understood. The Navy's historians hope that this publication will encourage further study of the Navy's rich experience as it has defended the nation and the nation's interests throughout the course of American history.
- Author BiographyVice Admiral George W. Emery was appointed the 24th Commander of the Submarine Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet, and Commander Submarine Allied Command Atlantic by President Clinton in 1993 and served in that capacity until his retirement in 1996. Born and raised in Maine, Admiral Emery graduated with distinction from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1963. He served in five nuclear submarines, commanding USS Groton (SSN 694) and USS Ohio (SSBN 726 Gold) before assignment to Commander Carrier Group Seven as Chief of Staff. He has surfaced at the North Pole on USS Hammerhead (SSN 663) and circumnavigated the globe while commanding USS Groton. Admiral Emery's shore assignments included the staff of the Director Naval Nuclear Propulsion, Admiral Rickover, and Executive Assistant and Naval Aide to the Undersecretary of the Navy, and subsequently, to the Secretary of the Navy. He was promoted to flag rank in 1988. Updated in 2000.
- Author(s)Adm George W Emery
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.