All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFor Historical Foundations of Education and Philosophical Foundations of Education courses. Structured around major movements in world history, the lives of leading educators, and the philosophies and ideologies that resulted from their ideas, this unique text provides a clear interdisciplinary exploration of the development of educational ideas. The author takes a global perspective on the history and philosophy of education, capturing the essence of educational evolution through the biographies of 23 theorists, philosophers, and educators. This biographical focus, combined with an introductory presentation of the inherent connections between education's major movements and its primary movers, helps students better understand the social and historical conditions that have informed today's educational arena.
- Author BiographyGerald Gutek is a veteran teacher and writer on the history and philosophy of education. He specializes in the study of education biography as a vehicle of writing about the philosophy of education. He is a professor emeritus of education at Loyola University Chicago and has been a visiting professor at other institutions.
- Author(s)Gerald Lee Gutek
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.