All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years there has been an upsurge of interest in the history of the discipline of archaeology. Local, national, and international histories of archaeology that deal with institutions, concepts, categories, and the social and political contexts of archaeological practice have begun to influence the development of archaeological theory. This volume contributes to these developments by reprinting 19 significant papers. Spanning much of the last 200 years and global in coverage and outlook, the papers provide a thorough grounding in the historiography of archaeology, and will enhance understanding of the origins and growth of its theory and practice. A general introduction which is itself a contribution to historiography orients readers by outlining core themes and issues in the field.
- Author BiographyChristopher Evans is Executive Director, Cambridge Archaeological Unit, University of Cambridge.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note18 in-text illustrations
- Weight602 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChristopher Evans,Tim Murray
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.