All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy study history? What's the point? Through compelling historical narratives, such as the assassination of President Kennedy, Dr David Nash introduces us to the central elements of the subject. Readers learn how history seeks to explain, categorise and make sense of events of the past. It is a search for truth which involves searching for sources and then scrutinising them to try and determine how reliable they are. Nash explores how new interpretations can change our understanding of what was previously an established version of history and what lasting contribution the study of history can make to society and, indeed, civilisation. Ideal for those with an emerging interest in history, the book is designed to provide readers with a toolkit for further investigation of the subject.
- Author BiographyDavid Nash is Reader in history at Oxford Brookes University and has worked extensively in the area of the history of religion for over fifteen years. He has written for History Today and BBC History magazine, as well as appearing on various broadcast media.
- Author(s)David Nash
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleBeginner's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Weight159 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.