All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCovering criminal justice history on a cross-national basis, this book surveys criminal justice in Western civilization and American life chrologically from ancient times to the present. It is an introduction to the historical problems of crime, law enforcement and pelogy, set against the background of major historical events and movements. Integrating criminal justice history into the scope of European, British, French and American history, this text provides the opportunity for comparisons of crime and punishment over boundaries of national histories. The text w concludes with a chapter that addresses terrorism and homeland security.
- Author BiographyMark Jones is Professor of Criminal Justice at East Carolina University. He has authored or co-authored books on the History of Criminal Justice, Community Corrections, Criminals of the Bible, and Criminal Justice Pioneers in U.S. History. Along with Peter Johnstone, he is authoring a text for Anderson Publishing titled Terrorism in the Twenty-First Century: Global and Domestic Attacks since 9/11. His research interests include community corrections, religion and crime, underage drinking, and assassinations. Peter Johnstone is Professor of Criminal Justice at the University of North Texas. He has authored books on the History of Criminal Justice, Crime and Policing Crime, Drugs and Drug Trafficking, and Introduction to Criminal Justice and Financial Laws. He is currently co-authoring a book on university campus safety with Eric Coleman, and with Mark Jones he is authoring a text for Anderson Publishing titled Terrorism in the Twenty-First Century: Global and Domestic Attacks since 9/11. His research interests include legal history, medieval criminal law, and ecclesiastical law and the use of Benefit of Clergy in Colonial America. He has taught in the UK, Frace, Lithuania, and the USA.
- Author(s)Herbert A. Johnson,Mark Jones,Nancy Travis Wolfe,Peter Johnstone
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/07/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnderson Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones, black & white tables, figures
- Weight839 g
- Width235 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.