Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionHandbook of Japanese Art offers readers a comprehensive view of Japanese art through Japanese eyes - a view, in a word, that is the most revealing of all perspectives. At the same time, it provides readers with a guide to the places in Japan where the best and most representative creations of Japanese art are to be seen. It surveys the full range of achievement in painting, sculpture, architecture, ceramics, lacquerware, woodblock printmaking, metalwork, textiles, garden making, and other artistic fields.The approach is chrological, and the art of each historical period is introduced by the categories in which it found its most significant expression during that period. Here, for example, are the strikingly 'modern' creations of the prehistoric potters, the Buddhist paintings of early historical times, the dramatic sculpture of the Kamakura period, the ink painting of the Muromachi age, and the woodblock prints and porcelains of late feudal times. All these and many other treasures are illustrated in an abundant selection of photographs.
- Author BiographyNoritake Tsuda was on the staff of the Imperial Museum of Art in Tokyo and spent two years in the Metropolitan Museum of Art' s Department of Far Eastern Art.
- Author(s)Noritake Tsuda
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication06/07/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleTuttle Classics of Japanese Literature
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Out-of-print date07/12/2016
- Content Note345 black and white photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.