Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 5 Jan
- AU $152.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is designed for students and anyone else with an interest in the history of life on our planet. The author describes the biological evolution of Earth s organisms, and reconstructs their adaptations to the life they led, and the ecology and environment in which they functioned. On the grand scale, Earth is a constantly changing planet, continually presenting organisms with challenges. Changing geography, climate, atmosphere, oceanic and land environments set a stage in which organisms interact with their environments and one ather, with evolutionary change an inevitable result. The organisms themselves in turn can change global environments: oxygen in our atmosphere is all produced by photosynthesis, for example. The interplay between a changing Earth and its evolving organisms is the underlying theme of the book. The book has a dedicated website which explores additional enriching information and discussion, and provides or points to the art for the book and many other images useful for teaching. See: www.wiley.com/go/cowen/historyoflife.
- Author BiographyRichard Cowen learned how to write and think critically at Cambridge University, and how to teach and think creatively at the University of California, Davis. He received a campus Distinguished Teaching Award in 1993 and designed the course History of Life there. The book was written specifically for that course, and has gone on to become a best-selling textbook.
- Author(s)Richard Cowen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, maps, figures
- Weight844 g
- Width219 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.47Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.