All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe History of Medicine is an amiable amble through medicine's past, designed as a primer for those taking history of medicine modules as part of their studies and for the wider public seeking a relaxed yet informative read. The approach is to follow medicine's history through the author's neatly designed 'Ages' that offer a meaningful way of grasping and memorising key eras and events. Twenty one 'Ages' take us from 'pre-history' to a glimpse of the future. The chapters' themes will clearly straddle timelines rather than be perfectly chrological, although there is a general progression through time. This book is t a description of all that ever happened in medicine's history. It is a collection of true stories of the more pivotal and fascinating bits. Through stories of inspiring and often odd people and inspired and often distinctly unexpected objects we take a journey through the archipelago of medicine's somewhat quirky history and stop on the shores of some of its more alluring islands. Then, armed with the map, the more keenly disposed may dip into the surrounding waters as far and as deeply as they choose.
- Author BiographyDr Tim Hall is a consultant at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust. Trained in Aberdeen, he has worked with the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia, and also as a General Practitioner in Scotland. He has previously been shortlisted for Medical Book of the Year and Highly Commended in the BMA Medical Book Awards.
- Author(s)Tim Hall
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleAll That Matters
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight234 g
- Width129 mm
- Height14 mm
- Spine177 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.