All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from History of Walton County Walton County originally embraced that territory lying between Black Water Rivet cn the west, Choctawhatchie River on the east, Alabama on the rth, and the Gulf of Mexico on the south. This grand old County, large eugh for a state, with its primeval forests, beautiful bays, winding rivers, and gushing springs, was formed November 28, A. D. 1828, with an area of 2918 square miles. The first census was taken in A. D. 1S30, and showed a population of only 1,207, t quite a half man to the square mile. O, how lonely these individuals must have felt in this wilderness of woods! The name Walton was given to this territory in hor of General Andrew Jackson's efficient aid, Colonel George Walton. November 28, A. D. 1842, Walton County gave birth to Santa Rosa County, giving all of her territory west of Yellow River. And January 8, A. D. 1818, she contributed 435 square miles out of her rtheast corner and west of the Choctawhatchie River, to form what is w kwn as Holmes County. This leaves the Walton County of today, with 1,381 square miles, quite a large county yet. Now, it is this territory of the Highlands of Western Florida, the very foot-hills of the Blue Ridge, lying practically between these rivers, the Mexican Gulf and Alabama, this land thus hedged in, and its people, that we propose, in the main, to speak of through these pages. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)John Love McKinnon
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.