All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionEusebius's account is the only surviving historical record of the Church during its crucial first 300 years. Bishop Eusebius, a learned scholar who lived most of his life in Caesarea in Palestine, broke new ground in writing the History and provided a model for all later ecclesiastical historians. In tracing the history of the Church from the time of Christ to the Great Persecution at the beginning of the fourth century, and ending with the conversion of the Emperor Constantine, his aim was to show the purity and continuity of the doctrinal tradition of Christianity and its struggle against persecutors and heretics.
- Author BiographyThe so-called 'Father of Ecclesiastical History', Eusebius (263-339) was a Greek Christian. His prodigious literary output can be grouped into four categories: the historical, the apologetic, the Biblical and the dogmatic. G.A Williamson was a renowned scholar of the Classics.
- Author(s)Bishop of Caesarea Eusebius
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/1989
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content Notemap
- Weight330 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAndrew Louth
- Translated byG.A. Williamson
- Introduction byAndrew Louth
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.