All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionContrary to popular opinion, the Magit Line performed its duty without fault and fulfilled every role that was expected of it. After the war, the Line wrongly became the ideal scapegoat for the greatest military and political disaster ever suffered by France. Marc Halter, author of History of the Magit Line, removes the mysteries that have long surrounded the legend of the much maligned fortification. In his work Halter explores the true history of these fortifications, their genesis, their functions, their construction, and the fierce fighting that took place in Alsace-Lorraine and in the Alps. He also restores the memory of the undefeated defenders of the fortress who can be counted among the first French Resistance fighters of 1940. Brian Chin, an American artist, brings a detailed kwledge of every aspect of this modern fortress system to his presentation of the settings and characters of this era. His realistic drawings bring us inside this closed world of concrete and reveal the secrets of this remarkable achievement. The comic book style employed in History of the Magit Line is an invative and exciting medium through which to communicate the fascinating history behind an often forgotten piece of French history. About the Authors Author of numerous articles and essays, Marc Halter, is an expert on the Magit Line, which he has presented to thousands of tourists. Brian B. Chin is the author of a book on the harbour defences of San Francisco as well as a graphic album on the taking of a German fort at Metz.
- Author BiographyBrian B. Chin has a degree in history from the University of California. He has worked in Hollywood for 20 years as an artist. He is the author of a book on the harbour defences of San Francisco as well as a graphic album on the taking of a German fort at Metz in 1944. Author of numerous articles and essays, Marc Halter, is President of Fort Schoenenbourg in Alsace and an expert on the Maginot Line, which he has presented to thousands of tourists from all over the world.
- Author(s)Brian B. Chin,Marc Halter
- PublisherMoselle river 1944
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationMetzervisse
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintMoselle river 1944
- Content NoteFully Illustrated
- Weight386 g
- Width300 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.