All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA treasure trove of human creativity from around the world History of the World in 1000 Objects takes a fresh look at world history, viewing cultures and early civilizations through the objects that they created. Humanity is defined by our talent for making things from everyday objects to inventions that changed the world. From a Viking wooden comb to a 1950s fridge-freezer you can uncover what the people's priorities were at the time from what they created. Each culture's objects are grouped under key themes, from art to the history of techlogy and together build a story that gives real insight into civilization, plus the accessible visual approach to history makes it easy to compare how people lived at different times and in different parts of the world. The objects, from swords and spears to astrolabes and maritime atlases, are showcased through stunning photography from around the world. Celebrate our extraordinary legacy of creativity with History of the World in 1000 Objects.
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2374 g
- Width258 mm
- Height299 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.