History on Trial: My Day in Court with a Holocaust Denier by Deborah E. Lipstadt (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only book from the perspective of the defendant who emerged victorious. It features reviews on book pages of national newspapers, and in history magazines. Deborah Lipstadt chronicles her five-year legal battle with David Irving that culminated in a sensational trial in 2000. In her acclaimed 1993 book Denying the Holocaust , Deborah Lipstadt called David Irving, a prolific writer of books on World War II, one of the most dangerous spokespersons for Holocaust denial , a conclusion she reached after closely examining his books, speeches, interviews, and other copious records. The following year, after Lipstadt's book was published in the UK, Irving filed a libel suit against Lipstadt and her UK publisher, Penguin. Lipstadt prepared her defence with the help of first-rate team of solicitors, historians, and experts. The dramatic trial, which unfolded over the course of 10 weeks, ultimately exposed the prejudice, extremism, and distortion of history that defined Irving's work. Lipstadt's victory was proclaimed on the front page of major newspapers around the world, with the Daily Telegraph proclaiming that the trial did for the new century what the Nuremberg tribunals or the Eichmann trial did for earlier generations. Part history, part real life courtroom drama, History On Trial is Lipstadt's riveting, blow-by-blow account of the trial that tested the standards of historical and judicial truths and resulted in a formal denunciation of a Holocaust denier, crippling the movement for years to come.
- Author BiographyDeborah Lipstadt is Professor of Modern Jewish and Holocaust Studies and Director of the Institute for Jewish Studies at Emory University
- Author(s)Deborah E. Lipstadt
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication04/05/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleP.S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight294 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeAdult
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.