All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the bad, old, politically incorrect days, history was about individuals - kings, queens, emperors, prime ministers, generals, and presidents - and the battles they fought, and lost or won. Today, history is much more likely to be about techlogical change, ecomics, and abstract socio-political forces. But that doesn't mean that battles aren't important. If Napoleon hadn't met his Waterloo, after all, the English might be speaking French. Therefore some battles do matter a great deal, even if the reasons why one side won and the other lost might go a lot deeper than the abilities of the generals and soldiers on the day. Organised chrologically from the first battle for which we have sound tactical evidence, Kadesh in 1274 BCE, History's Worst Battles features some of the most disastrous military engagements ever fought, on five continents and in every major conflict from antiquity to modern times.
- Author BiographyJoel Levy is the author of more than a dozen books, including Newton's Notebook, Great Scientists, Mad Science and The Doomsday Book.
- Author(s)Joel Levy
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPier 9
- Width170 mm
- Height227 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.