All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionHIT HAPPENS will t only guide you step by step on what it takes to be a successful songwriter, it will put a smile on your face while you're learning. -Anita Cox, Singer/Songwriter/Project Concept & Development Specialist, CEO Big South Productions, BobbyCyrusEntertainment.com. -A must read for all songwriters, says Regina Boy Carter, President of Tri-Star Entertainment and Management Group. Hit Happens is a question and answer guide to songwriting by award winning songwriter Corey Lee Barker. He combines laugh-out-loud humorous answers to the creative and business questions he receives the most, and then follows up the humor with the kind of nitty-gritty, rubber-meets-the-road information and insight usually only gained through years of practical experience. If you are (or think you want to be) a Songwriter, do yourself a favor: read it, mark in it, highlight it, keep it handy, and use it as a reference manual! I highly recommend this book and its Author! --Kenny Angel, Executive Director of Tennessee Songwriter Association International Some of the FAQ addressed include: What is the best way to begin a song? Is the range of my melody of any importance? What is modulation and is it really important? How important is the song's title? Do the same rules apply for writing pop hits as for country? How can I sell my song and how much should I ask for it? Do I really need to sign up at BMI, ASCAP, or SESAC? And if I do...which is better? What is a staff deal? When do I need to copyright my songs? How much can I make by writing a parody of a famous song? How do I figure out what percentage of the song is mine if I wrote most of it and someone else helped out slightly? When can I tell everyone about my cut? My song is ready to come to life. Who should I choose to demo it? Should I play my songs at writer's nights? How do I get my song in a TV show or movie? What does it mean if I get a song on hold ? What is a single song contract? What is a work tape and how is it different form a demo? ....and many more.
- Author BiographyCorey Lee Barker has over 400 cuts in various genres such as Country, Christian, Pop/Rock, Reggae, Polka, Comedy, TV and film. After winning the North America Country Music Association International's award for Best Co-Songwriter of the Year in 2012, Corey decided to write a book to help others realize their dreams. He has written songs for Daryle Singletary, Cledus T Judd, Rebecca Lynn Howard, TG Shephard, Johny Lee, Bill Anderson, Jason Jones (Warner Brothers), Lucas Hoge, Cash Creek, and others. TV placements include SMALLVILLE, ANIMAL PLANET, HBO, and GAC.
- Author(s)Corey Lee Barker
- PublisherThree Kings Publishing
- Date of Publication27/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Kings Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.