Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionOn August 16, 1920, Yankees pitcher Carl Mays threw a fastball that struck Cleveland Indians shortstop Ray Chapman in the head. Chapman died the next morning. Hit by Pitch is a nfiction graphic vel about these men, their lives and legacies, and the event that linked them forever. Born the same year (1891), both in Kentucky, they had similar beginnings but opposing personalities. This wonderfully drawn work brings the two men and their era back to life.
- Author BiographyMolly Lawless grew up in Boston, where she developed a passion for two things: drawing and baseball. After several years working as a freelance illustrator, she found a way to combine the two, publishing her baseball-themed comic art, including the series Great Moments in Baseball. She lives in Arlington, Virginia. Hit by Pitch is her first graphic novel.
- Author(s)Molly Lawless
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width7 mm
- Height10 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.