Hitchens vs. Blair: Be It Resolved Religion Is a Force for Good in the World: The Munk Debates by Prime Minister Tony Blair, Christopher Hitchens (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionIntellectual juggernaut and staunch atheist Christopher Hitchens goes head-to-head with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, one of the Western world s most openly devout political leaders, on the highly charged topic of religion. Few world leaders have had a greater hand in shaping current events than Blair; few writers have been more outspoken and polarizing than Hitchens. Here they square off on the contentious questions that continue to dog the topic of religion in our globalized world: How does faith influence our actions? What is the role of people of faith in the public sphere? Is religious doctrine rigid, or should we allow for flexibility in our interpretations? First debated in 2010 and w available in print form for the first time, the book includes candid interviews post-debate interviews with Hitchens and Blair. Sharp, provocative, and thoroughly engrossing, <i>Hitchens vs. Blair</i> is a rigorous and electrifying intellectual sparring match. Two formidable minds. One powerfully charged debate.
- Author BiographyChristopher Hitchens is a journalist and the author of twenty books, including the international bestselling book <i>God is Not Great</i>. He is a regular contributor to <i>Vanity Fair, The Atlantic Monthly</i>, and <i>Slate</i>. His writing has also appeared in the <i>Weekly Standard</i>, the <i>National Review</i>, and <i>The Independent</i>, and he has made television appearances on <i>The Daily Show, Charlie Rose</i>, and <i>Real Time with Bill Maher</i>. He was named one of the world s Top 100 Public Intellectuals by <i>Foreign Policy</i> and Britain s <i>Prospect</i>. His most recent book is the memoir <i>Hitch-22</i>. Christopher Hitchens lives in Washington, D.C. Tony Blair was prime minister of the United Kingdom from 1997 to 2007. Since leaving office, he has served as the Quartet Representative to the Middle East, representing the U.S., the UN, Russia, and the EU. In 2008 he launched the Tony Blair Faith Foundation, which promotes respect and understanding among the major religions. He is also the founder of the Africa Governance Initiative, an organization that works with leaders and their governments on policy delivery and on attracting sustainable investment in Rwanda, Sierra Leone, and Liberia. Tony Blair lives in London, U.K.
- Author(s)Christopher Hitchens,Prime Minister Tony Blair
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Weight104 g
- Width131 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.