All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntellectual juggernaut and staunch atheist Christopher Hitchens goes head-to-head with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, one of the Western world s most openly devout political leaders, on the highly charged topic of religion. Few world leaders have had a greater hand in shaping current events than Blair; few writers have been more outspoken and polarizing than Hitchens. Here they square off on the contentious questions that continue to dog the topic of religion in our globalized world: How does faith influence our actions? What is the role of people of faith in the public sphere? Is religious doctrine rigid, or should we allow for flexibility in our interpretations? First debated in 2010 and w available in print form for the first time, the book includes candid interviews post-debate interviews with Hitchens and Blair. Sharp, provocative, and thoroughly engrossing, Hitchens vs. Blair is a rigorous and electrifying intellectual sparring match. Two formidable minds. One powerfully charged debate.
- Author BiographyChristopher Hitchens is a journalist and the author of twenty books, including the international bestselling book God is Not Great. He is a regular contributor to Vanity Fair, The Atlantic Monthly, and Slate. His writing has also appeared in the Weekly Standard, the National Review, and The Independent, and he has made television appearances on The Daily Show, Charlie Rose, and Real Time with Bill Maher. He was named one of the world s Top 100 Public Intellectuals by Foreign Policy and Britain s Prospect. His most recent book is the memoir Hitch-22. Christopher Hitchens lives in Washington, D.C. Tony Blair was prime minister of the United Kingdom from 1997 to 2007. Since leaving office, he has served as the Quartet Representative to the Middle East, representing the U.S., the UN, Russia, and the EU. In 2008 he launched the Tony Blair Faith Foundation, which promotes respect and understanding among the major religions. He is also the founder of the Africa Governance Initiative, an organization that works with leaders and their governments on policy delivery and on attracting sustainable investment in Rwanda, Sierra Leone, and Liberia. Tony Blair lives in London, U.K.
- Author(s)Christopher Hitchens,Prime Minister Tony Blair
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Weight104 g
- Width131 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.