All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.20
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.29
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.96
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.84
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $19.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.58
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $37.23
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a dynamic remastering of the second BBC Radio 4 full-cast serial - Fit the Seventh to Fit the Twelfth - which spawned a phemenal hitch-hiking legend. The second original series of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has been remastered by Dirk Maggs (director of the Tertiary , Quandary and Quintessential Phases ) to give a full, vibrant sound, w with Philip Pope's version of the familiar theme tune and specially re-recorded anuncements by John Marsh. Stranded on Prehistoric Earth since the end of the first series, Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect are once again trying to hitch their way off the planet. Zaphod finds his visit to the offices of the Guide rudely interrupted by Frogstar fighters, who further threaten to feed him to the Total Perspective Vortex. Eventually reunited, the three fetch up on the planet Brontitall and discover the indigeus species in something of a flap. Arthur meets Lintilla (several of her), Marvin gets to be a hero once again, and there is a meeting with the Man in the Shack who apparently runs the Universe...It features Peter Jones, Simon Jones, Geoffrey McGivern, Mark Wing-Davey, Stephen Moore and a full supporting cast star in these BBC Radio 4 episodes. Also included is a bonus 50-minute interview with Douglas Adams - who died in 2001 - in which he discusses his career and work.
- Author BiographyDouglas Adamswas born in 1952. He is best known as the creator of The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which started life as a BBC Radio 4 series. He followed this success with The Restaurant at the End of the Universe; Life, The Universe and Everything; So Long and Thanks for all the Fish; Mostly Harmless; and many more. Douglas died in 2001.
- Author(s)Douglas Adams
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication13/11/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Width127 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine813 mm
- Running Time240
- Edition StatementSpecial edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.