All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an analysis of the Holocaust as a multiple trap, its origins, and its final stages, in which rescue seemed to be possible. With the Holocaust developing like a sort of a doomsday machine set in motion from all sides, the Jews found themselves between the hammer and various anvils, each of which worked according to the logic created by the Nazis that dictated the behavior of other parties and the relations between them before and during the Holocaust. The interplay between the various parties contributed to the victims' doom first by preventing help and later preventing rescue. These help and rescue efforts proved mainly self defeating, and various legacies about them emerged during the Holocaust and are heatedly debated even today. Their real nature is uncovered here on the basis of newly opened archives worldwide.
- Author BiographyDr Shlomo Aronson is Professor of Political Science at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He has written and edited numerous books on the Holocaust and Middle Eastern politics including David Ben-Gurion, the Renaissance Leader and the Waning of an Age (1999) and New Records - New Perspectives (2002). Dr Aronson has also been the organizer of many conferences in the field including the International Conference on Intelligence and the Holocaust, held at the Graduate Center, City University of New York, in June 2003 and 'New Records - New Horizons', held in Israel universities in December 1998 pertaining to new records opened worldwide on WWII, the Holocaust and the birth of Israel.
- Author(s)Shlomo Aronson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/09/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.