All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 1922 the Hitler Youth movement was the second oldest Nazi group. Comprising male youths aged 14 - 18, by December 1936 membership stood at over 5 million. During the Second World War the role of Hitlerjugend evolved from assisting with the postal, train and fire services into full war fighting. Recruits went into units such as the elite 12th SS Panzer-Division 'Hitlerjugend' and we see graphic images of this Waffen-SS force in action both on the Eastern and Western fronts. Even as the Nazi cause faced inevitable defeat these units fought with fanatical and disturbing bravery and after defeat in May 1945 elements carried out guerrilla actions in the Bavarian and Austrian mountains. The reader will find much original material on this legendary but distasteful Nazi organisation.
- Author BiographyHans Seidler is an enthusiastic collector of Second World War memorabilia and an authority on German formations and equipment. His Hitler's Tank Killer - Sturmgeschutz at War 1939 - 1945, Battle of Kursk and Luftwaffe Flak Divisions are published by Pen and Sword in their Images of War series. Ian Baxter is a much published author and photographic collector. He is the author of many books in the Images of War Series and lives near Chelmsford, Essex.
- Author(s)Hans Seidler
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note250 Illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.