All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy brother stood up so quickly he almost kcked Mama over. Why aren't you doing something? Do you kw what the British are calling us? Hitler's canary! I've heard it on the radio, on the BBC. They say he has us in a cage and we just sit and sing any tune he wants. I knew I should be afraid, but I didn't kw yet what of: the Germans? The British? The French? We were theater people. We didn't get involved in these things. It had thing to do with us. Bamse is used to drama his mother is a famous actress and his best friend, Anton, is one of the most daring boys in all of Denmark. Should he follow his father's advice and t stir up trouble or follow his daring brother into the Resistance and take part in the most demanding role of his life? [Note: The character's name means Teddy in Danish and is prounced Bum Sir. ]
- Author BiographySandi Toksvig's theater credits include seasons with the New Shakespeare Company at Regents Park. Her TV credits include various news shows, and she is now the host of The News Quiz in London. The author of thirteen books for children and adults, Sandi has regular columns in the Sunday Telegraph and Good Housekeeping.
- Author(s)Sandi Toksvig
- PublisherSquare Fish
- Date of Publication13/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSquare Fish
- Weight181 g
- Width135 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.