Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionFascinating - assiduously researched . (Michael Burleigh). Hitler's Foreign Executioners reveals for the first time Heinrich Himmler's secret master plan for Europe: an SS empire that would have place for either the Nazi Party or Adolf Hitler. His astonishingly ambitious plan depended on the recruitment of tens of thousands of 'Germanic' people from every corner of Europe, and even parts of Asia, to build an 'SS Europa'. This book, researched in archives all over Europe and using first-hand testimony, exposes Europe's dirty secret: nearly half a million Europeans and more than a million Soviet citizens enlisted in the armed forces of the Third Reich to fight a deadly crusade against a mythic foe, Jewish-Bolshevism. Even today, some apologists claim that these foreign SS volunteers were merely soldiers 'like any other' and fought a decent war against Stalin's Red Army. Christopher Hale demonstrates conclusively that these surprisingly common views are mistaken. By taking part in Himmler's murderous master plan, these foreign executioners hoped to prove that they were worthy to join his future 'SS Europa'. But as the Reich collapsed in 1944, Himmler's monstrous scheme led to bitter confrontations with Hitler - and to the downfall of the man once kwn as 'loyal Heinrich'.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPHER HALE is a writer and television documentary-maker. His previous book, Himmler's Crusade (Bantam, 2003), won the prestigious Giuseppe Mazotti Prize in 2006. He has produced and directed programmes for the BBC, Channel 4 and the Discovery Channel. He lives in Berlin and his website is www.christopherhale.co.uk.
- Author(s)Christopher Hale
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight790 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.