All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHanna Reitsch longed to fly. Having broken records and earned the respect of the Nazi regime, she became the first female Luftwaffe test pilot, and eventually Hitler's personal heroine. An ardent Nazi, Reitsch was prepared to die for the cause, first as a test pilot for the dangerous V1 flying bombs and later by volunteering for a suggested Nazi 'kamikaze' squadron. After her capture she complained bitterly of t being able to die with her leader, but went on to have a celebrated flying career post-war. She died at the age of 67, creating a new mystery - did Reitsch kill herself using the cyanide pill Hitler had given her over thirty years earlier? This book reveals new facts about the mysterious Reitsch and cuts through the many myths that have surrounded her life and death, bringing this fascinating woman back to life for the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographySophie Jackson has been widely published in magazines including the Antiques Info Magazine, Daily Mirror, Family History Monthly, Your Family History, and Your Family Tree. She is the author of Churchill's White Rabbit.
- Author(s)Sophie Jackson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white plates
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.