All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 30th April 1945 Germany is in chaos...Russian troops have reached Berlin. All over the country, people are on the move - concentration camp survivors, Allied PoWs, escaping Nazis - and the civilian population is fast running out of food. The man who orchestrated this nightmare is in his bunker beneath the capital, saying his farewells. This is the gripping story of Hitler's final hours, as seen through the eyes of those who were with him in the bunker; those fighting in the streets of Germany; and those pacing the corridors of power in Washington, London and Moscow. It was a day of endings and beginnings when ordinary people were placed in extraordinary situations. 30th April 1945 was a day that millions had dreamed of, and millions had died for.
- Author BiographyJonathan Mayo joined the BBC in 1987, first working in radio and then television, where he won awards for his documentaries. He is the author of three other books from the Minute by Minute series: The Assassination of JFK, D-Day and Titanic. He lives in Surrey with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Emma Craigie,Jonathan Mayo
- PublisherShort Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShort Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.