All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTexans are as diverse as their landscape, but their stories don't cover the grand sweeping subjects of history. They are concerned with whether Anger is one of the Seven Deadly Sins; whether anyone can love a man with a cowlick; whether the image on a dryer door is the Virgin Mary; whether an Enron victim can find happiness as a middle-aged rocker; what is the secret ingredient in a woman's candy; whether an abused girl can commit an unthinkable act, would a whole town turn out to welcome home its mentally challenged native son; whether an unemployed socialite can keep up appearances while secretly working across town in a fast-foods booth; whether there is a fool-proof method of hitting it big. Texans are black, white, brown and yellow. They are from the Piney Woods, Panhandle and Valley; their dialogue is rich in the vernacular of their region. They are both ble and ridiculous, but they are real. Only one of the previously published stories is true, but all of them might have been.
- Author BiographyGuida Jackson has worked as a newspaper editor, magazine editor, book editor, English and Creative Writing teacher (University of Houston and Montgomery College). She has a BA in Journalism, MA in the Humanities specializing in Latin American literature, and PhD in Comparative Literature specializing in Third World literature, particularly West African. She is founder of Touchstone Literary Journal (1976) and Panther Creek Press (1999), and is the author of 18 books, fiction and non-fiction, published by Simon & Schuster, Oxford University Press, Barnes & Noble Books, ABC-CLIO, and others. Her published short stories, gathered here for the first time, have appeared in many collections and literary journals. She lives in Houston, Texas.
- Author(s)Guida Jackson
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication21/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.41Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.60
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $20.11Trending at AU $22.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.