All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Hobbes was an English philosopher who was roiled by the bloodshed and turmoil of the English Civil War. During this period of ceaseless in-fighting, he wrote his masterpiece, Leviathan, which established the foundation for Western political thought. His work has inspired both hate and awe, as he reveals the darker side of human nature and the value of authority. Though he claims man's nature is inherently competitive and selfish, he also shows us how to utilize these traits to our advantage to flourish, be fearless, and free.
- Author BiographyHannah Dawson is a senior lecturer in the History of Ideas at the New College of the Humanities, London.
- Author(s)Hannah Dawson
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Weight110 g
- Width142 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.