Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat goal tending wins hockey games. As the sport evolves, becoming a faster, higher-scoring endeavor, goal tending becomes more critical and far more challenging. The best goaltenders combine awareness, technique, and physical conditioning to anticipate the opponent's every move. Hockey Goaltending brings together the world's top goal tending coaches to create the premier resource for goalies and coaches at every level of play. Their expertise and insight provide comprehensive instruction on every facet of this challenging position including, off-ice training programs to improve reaction time, strength, flexibility, quickness, and agility, techniques to shut down breakaways, pass outs, and wraparounds as well as power plays and odd-man rushes and detailed instruction on rebound control, recovery skills, and playing the puck. Also included are mental strategies to put you in the zone and keep you there, on- and off-ice drills to refine your skills and elevate your play. Additionally, this special package includes a DVD of on-ice footage emphasizing key techniques and skills of the position. From vital tactics and strategies to a goalie's unique equipment needs, Hockey Goaltending is simply the most complete guide available for players who wish to excel at the game's toughest position.
- Author BiographyBrian Daccord is a former goaltending consultant of the Boston Bruins. His Ask the Coach column appears in each issue of Goalies' World magazine and he can be heard across North America on his weekly radio segment Between the Pipes With Brian Daccord on the Fast Hockey Show on XM radio. Currently, Daccord trains many of the top goaltenders in the country at Stop It Goaltending. He is also the director of the Goaltending Consultant Group, which features many of the top goalie coaches in North America. He is a former coach and player at Merrimack College (NCAA Division I) and played seven seasons of professional hockey in Switzerland.
- Author(s)Brian Daccord
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 249 black & white halftones
- Weight608 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.