All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern hockey was born in the sport's wild, sensational, sometimes ugly Seventies growth spurt. The forces at play in the decade's battle for hockey supremacy-dazzling speed vs. brute force-are w, for better or worse, part of hockey's DNA. This book is a welcome reappraisal of the ten years that changed how the sport was played and experienced. Informed by first-hand interviews with players and game officials, and sprinkled with sidebars on the art and artifacts that defined Seventies hockey, the book brings dramatically alive hockey's most eventful years.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN COLE's previous books include The Canadian Hockey Atlas ; The Last Hurrah: A Celebration of Hockey's Greatest Season '66--'67 ; and a hockey humour anthology, Slapshots. He is also the author of a history of CBC-TV, Here's Looking at Us. Cole has written on movies and TV for The Globe and Mail and the National Post, and his short stories have appeared in Quarry and Descant. He lives in Toronto with his wife, Jacquie McNish, and their sons, Harry and Lewis.
- Author(s)Stephen Cole
- PublisherRandom House Canada
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDoubleday Canada
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.