All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA girl and her father go for a walk, experiencing all the sights, sounds, smells, and feels of the woods. As Mika asks her father to hold each and every one of her found treasures, he, in turn, urges her to be a big girl and only carry what she is able to. With every step and stumble, Mika finds both the wonders and treasures of nature, and the ability to pick herself up after a fall. But the true discovery for both daughter and parent comes at the end, when they both realize a true treasure is a hand to hold.
- Author BiographyAfter working as a newspaper reporter in Los Angeles, Carolyn Cory Scoppettone moved to small town New England to raise her children. Her new job as a freelance writer allowed time for walks in the woods. The children would race ahead, returning frequently with woodland treasures. Their sheer joy at exploring nature inspired Carolyn to write HOLD THIS. In addition to picture books, Carolyn writes poetry, creative nonfiction and middle grade novels. She lives in Montpelier, Vermont, with her husband Greg (a television director), their daughters, Sophia, Anna and Nadia, plus two cats, one dog, and an energetic puppy.
- Author(s)Carolyn Cory Scoppettone
- PublisherIslandport Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIslandport Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width184 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Priscilla Alpaugh
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.