All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter escaping an abusive ex-husband, Jenny Clark focuses on making ends meet from one day to the next. Then she meets her new apartment building manager, and the passion in his kisses dare her to believe she could have a second chance at love. At a crossroads in his life, Grant Walker returns from New York to manage his apartment building in Redemption. He didn't expect to meet the woman of his dreams and find everything he never knew he wanted in small town Wisconsin. But someone doesn't want either of them to be happy, and even as menacing acts of vandalism pull Jenny and Grant closer together, a harbored secret could destroy all hope of their happily ever after. EXCERPT: He was just thinking about checking out Memorial Day sales to purchase a car or truck when the ring of his cell phone interrupted his thoughts. A glance at the caller ID didn't list a name or number, but he answered anyway while opening the car door. Walker. Grant Walker? Yes, it is. The female voice sounded vaguely familiar, but his memory had success matching it with a name. Any relation to Frank Walker? He's my uncle. Grant quickly checked the caller ID again as his stomach bottomed out. Are you calling from the hospital? Is he okay? No. I mean, I'm t from the hospital, the woman quickly clarified, sounding flustered. I live at Wayside Apartments, and I'm calling because I'd really like to send him a card. Do you mind giving me the name of the hospital he's at? That's why she sounds familiar. She must be the girl who woke me up this morning. How'd you get this number? It's listed as a back-up contact in my apartment's welcome packet. Ah. He'd been too tired and crabby to tice this morning, but w he found himself thinking she had a nice voice. Closing his eyes, he leaned on the open car door and tried to recall details of the rest of her. Hair in a ponytail. Shorter, maybe five-five. Casually dressed. Brown eyes or blue? That fact remained unclear in his memory. Mr. Walker, are you still there? Yes. He opened his eyes again and slid behind the steering wheel of the rental. Do you have the name of the hospital your uncle is at? Yes, sorry. He's at Saint Elizabeth's in Manhattan. Thank you. And I'm glad to hear he's going to be okay. He's a very nice man. May I ask your name? Jenny A-Clark. Jenny Clark. I live in apartment two-thirteen. Second floor studio above Uncle Frank's-well, his apartment w. He remembered that from the revation blueprints. Can I ask you something else? Her voice held a te of hesitation that reminded him of her timid personality earlier. Go ahead, he encouraged. The new guy you hired to replace Frank... Grant smiled, wondering where the question would lead. When the silence dragged, he prompted, Yes? Um...I'm just wondering about his references. Did he...um...check out okay? Not what he was expecting. A little jab of indignation had him straightening in the seat. Do you think I'd have hired him if he hadn't? No, she said quickly. I didn't mean to question your decision, I- And yet you did. But let me assure you, Ms. Clark, he's perfectly reliable and trustworthy. What the hell? He was talking about himself! I apologize, Jenny said, her voice soft. Before he could tell her the new guy and himself were one and the same, he heard an indrawn breath, muttering he couldn't make out, and then clear words in a stiff, formal tone. Actually, I don't. I had every right to ask about the man's references. He's rude, by the way. But thank you for answering me, thank you for the hospital name, and good bye. Grant's automatic, Good bye, floated in dead air. If he wasn't a morning person, apparently she wasn't an afteron person. He's rude, by the way. Things would definitely be interesting next time they came face to face.
- Author BiographyUSA Today Bestselling author Stacey Joy Netzel fell in love with books at a young age, so for her the graduation to writing them was natural. An avid reader and fan of movies with a happily ever after, she is thrilled to call herself a full-time writer after 20 years as a travel agent. She writes romantic suspense, contemporary romance, and the occasional paranormal romance. Colorado is a favorite locale for her books, followed closely by Wisconsin and Italy. She lives in her native Wisconsin with her husband and three children, a couple horses and some barn cats. In her limited free time she enjoys gardening, canning, and visiting her parents in Northeastern Wisconsin (Up North) at the family cabin on the lake.
- Author(s)Stacey Joy Netzel
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.