All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionInternational authority on child development Gordon Neufeld, Ph.D., joins forces with bestselling author Gabor Mate, M.D., to tackle one of the most disturbing trends of our time: Children today looking to their peers for direction--their values, identity, and codes of behavior. This peer orientation undermines family cohesion, interferes with healthy development, and fosters a hostile and sexualized youth culture. Children end up becoming overly conformist, desensitized, and alienated, and being cool matters more to them than anything else. Hold On to Your Kids explains the causes of this crucial breakdown of parental influence--and demonstrates ways to reattach to sons and daughters, establish the proper hierarchy in the home, make kids feel safe and understood, and earn back your children's loyalty and love. This updated edition also specifically addresses the unprecedented parenting challenges posed by the rise of digital devices and social media. By helping to reawaken instincts innate to us all, Neufeld and Mate will empower parents to be what nature intended: a true source of contact, security, and warmth for their children.
- Author BiographyGordon Neufeld, Ph.D, is a Vancouver-based clinical psychologist, internationally renowned as a foremost authority on child development. His Neufeld Institute delivers many courses he has created for parents, educators, and helping professionals on several continents. He is recognized for his unique ability to unlock the clues to seemingly complex problems of child rearing and education. Gabor Mate, M.D., is a physician and the bestselling author of When the Body Says No, Scattered Minds, and In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts. A sought-after authority on stress, mind-body health, ADHD, parenting, and addictions, he travels extensively, addressing health personnel, teachers, and lay audiences across North America and internationally. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Gabor Mate,Gordon Neufeld
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight240 g
- Width136 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.