All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrate Passover continues the spectacular Holidays Around the World series by looking at Passover celebrations all over the world. Using fairly brief text and approximately 25 vibrant photographs, the book gives a flavour for the holiday from a global perspective. Celebrate Passover focuses on historical and cultural aspects of the holiday: traditions, food, and types of celebration. The extensive back matter includes fun facts; a recipe; a glossary; a map showing the locations of the photographs in the book; a resource list of books, videos, and Web sites; and, a te from an expert consultant. This te, aimed at parents and teachers, helps put Passover in a greater cultural and historic context. Celebrate Passover shows a range of celebrations of this significant holiday in the Jewish calendar. Lasting seven days in Israel and eight days elsewhere, the holiday celebrates freedom and commemorates the Jews' exodus from Egypt after generations of slavery. Traditional Passover seders, or special ceremonial feasts, are rich observances of a holiday celebrated by Jews all over the world. Deborah Heiligman's inviting, second-person text evokes the flavor of Passover - its sense of history, its associations with social justice - while providing accessible rich information about its origins and variations.
- Author BiographyThe award-winning author of 15 books for children, Deborah Heiligman has written three books for National Geographic: Honey Bees; Babies: All You Need To Know; and High Hopes: A Photobiography of John F. Kennedy. Her best-known and best-selling book outside NGS is From Caterpillar to Butterfly (HarperCollins, 1996).Deborah specializes in writing about complex subjects for young people, particularly in the areas of science and social studies. She is equally at home writing for early readers and middle grade students. Her experience as a religious studies major at Brown University has been put to good use in working on this series. Deborah lives in New York City with her husband, author Jonathan Weiner, her sons Aaron and Benjamin, and cat, Peanut Butter.
- Author(s)Deborah Heiligman
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleHolidays Around the World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Out-of-print date22/10/2014
- Content Note25 Full-Colour Photographs
- Weight113 g
- Width203 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.