All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplore Americas best-loved work days through 380 beautiful and fun postcard images from the early 20th century. They portray specific animals, children, flowers, and symbols that have come to identify each holiday, and some pretty weird events as well. Fascinating histories of each holiday are included, and what diverse backgrounds they have! For an appreciation of the weirdness of holiday recognitions, think of the images of a kid in a diaper kicking out an old bearded man, turkeys dancing, chickens dding to rabbits, and strange men dropping down chimneys to make children happy. The weird is integral to American holidays. All who celebrate them as well as artists, decorators, and postcard collectors will enjoy this book for the graphic styles it contains. Historians will marvel at the reasons these holidays are celebrated today.
- Author BiographyIrwin Richman, Professor Emeritus, The Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg, is a widely known lecturer and the author and co-author of many books, including 10 for Schiffer Publishing.
- Author(s)Irwin Richman
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2009
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note382 color photos
- Weight730 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.