All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionJ. C. Ryle's Holiness is a lost treasure, written by one of the great Anglican priests and writers of the nineteenth century. Hendrickson reintroduces this classic text, largely unavailable today, on living a Christ-like life. Holiness is considered to be one of the most profound books on discipleship in the English language. Christians have recognized anew the critical importance of discipleship and spiritual formation to the life of the individual believer, the local church and to the Kingdom of God. Ryle's Holiness ranks among the core library of teachings on being a disciple of Jesus Christ. In this book, Ryle encourages the reader into a life of holiness, drawn completely from the Bible and t from contemporary books or preachers, or from any of the fads that were popular during his lifetime, much as they are today or in any era. He is writing about personal, or private, holiness, the life we live behind closed doors with our families and closest friends. I have had a deep conviction for many years that practical holiness and entire self-consecration to God are t sufficiently attended by modern Christians in this country. Politics, controversy, or party-spirit, or worldliness, have eaten out the heart of lively piety in too many of us. The subject of personal godliness has fallen sadly into the background.
- Author BiographyJ C Ryle (1816-1900) was the first Anglican Bishop of Liverpool, England. Thoroughly Evangelical in his doctrine and uncompromising principles, Ryle was a prolific writers, vigorous preacher and faithful pastor.
- Author(s)J. C. Ryle
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication21/12/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.