All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMission is one of the key subjects for the church today. What does it mean to live the Christian faith in a world of many faiths and ne? In this book, two leading scholars explore what mission and discipleship meant for some of the earliest Christian communities. Morna Hooker and Frances Young outline the nature of mission for the earliest Christian communities (in the New Testament and beyond) and relate this to the context of the mission and discipleship today, thereby engaging with and challenging some common assumptions made about mission today.Originally presented as the Hugh Price Hughes Lectures in the West London Mission, the book will be of interest t only to students of theology but to all interested in the life and ministry of the church today.
- Author BiographyMorna D. Hooker is Lady Margaret's Professor of Divinity Emerita in the University of Cambridge and author of a number of books on the New Testament.Frances Young is Edward Cadbury Professor of Patristics Emerita in the University of Birmingham and one of the best-known Patristics scholars in the world.
- Author(s)Frances Margaret Young,Morna D. Hooker
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement1
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.