All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn celebration of Lemniscaat's 50th anniversary in publishing, we are pleased to present this handsome gift set including the wordless picture book of Holland by Charlotte Dematons and a rich treasure trove of all things Dutch entitled 1000 Things About Holland.
Holland 's illustrations are teeming with life that bewitches the eye. With 1000 Things About Holland, each detail from Charlotte Dematons' Holland art is isolated and its history and relevance described. This gift set is both an I Spy book and an armchair travel guide for anyone fond of this small country of great artists, windmills and so much more.
From Queens day to tulip fields - countless traditions and attractions in the Netherlands are shown. Discover the quirks and humor that make Holland so unique: from pensionada in unisex rain jackets on their bikes to a grandmother skating on the ice (with her walker!), scenes from the art of Avercamp and Bruegel, and the multicultural Dutch society in whimsical detail.
- Author BiographyCHARLOTTE DEMATONS (1957) was born in the Netherlands, went to school in France, and studied art at de Gerrit Rietveld Academy of Art in Amsterdam. Ms. Dematons has made many illustrations for children's books, and received the most prestigious illustration awards. Uniquely talented in picture-book art, Charlotte's work has the appearance of an old master, painted with loving care.
Jesse Goossens (1969) is a writer, journalist and editor at Lemniscaat and the author of Right to Play, Plastic Soup and the YA novel, It's a Wonderful Life.
- Author(s)Jesse Goossens
- PublisherLemniscaat USA
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLemniscaat USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1225 g
- Width247 mm
- Height329 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Charlotte Dematons
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.