All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to be published on the rich and diverse history of Hollyburn, the forested mountaius area above West Vancouver, BC -- an area which will host freestyle skiing and swboarding events in the 2010 Winter Olympics. The history takes us from the First Nations people, through the 1870s when loggers began attacking the slopes, to the twentieth century and the dedicated crowds of skiers and other outdoor enthusiasts, right up until the present-day struggles over priorities for the environment.
- Author BiographyFrancis Mansbridge's interest in the history of the North Shore was stimulated by his dozen years as an archivist in North Vancouver. A love of outdoor recreation has led him to spend extensive time exploring the Hollyburn area. Prior to his archival work, Francis taught English at a number of colleges and universities, mostly at the College of the Rockies in Cranbrook. He holds a PhD in English from the University of Ottawa and has published extensively on both academic and popular subjects.
- Author(s)Francis Mansbridge
- PublisherRonsdale Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRonsdale Press
- Content Note60 b/w photos
- Weight486 g
- Width255 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.