All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPastor and author Matt Rawle is on a mission. He sees Christ all around him-in books, movies, TV shows, rock music-and he wants to share what he sees. As Matt says, God offers the raw ingredients, and 'culture' is whatever we cook up. Hollywood Jesus is pastor and author Matt Rawle's study of Jesus and Christ figures in films including Cool Hand Luke , The Lion King , The Truman Show , and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest . Explore what happens when script meets Scripture, when pop culture encounters the King of kings and Lord of lords. This Leader Guide contains everything needed to guide a group through the Participant Book and DVD. It includes session plans and discussion questions, as well as format options. Hollywood Jesus is part of The Pop in Culture Series of bible studies in which Matt Rawle stirs up a tasty gumbo of insight, humor, and inspiration based on some of your favorite pop culture classics. A Participant Book, a DVD featuring four sessions with the author, and a Worship Resources Flash Drive also are available for group study.
- Author BiographyMatt Rawle is Lead Pastor at The Well United Methodist Church in Ponchatoula, LA. He graduated from the LSU School of Music and Duke Divinity School. Matt is an international speaker who loves to tell an old story in a new way, especially at the intersection of pop culture and the church. Matt and his wife Christie have three daughters: Isabelle, Annaleigh, and Cecilia. For Rawle, integrating pop culture and Christian faith makes Jesus more accessible. These studies are especially for folks who might not know the lingo, who have been turned off by the church, or who don't go to church. There's a lot we can learn from TV, movies, and books. God is bigger than Sunday morning worship.
- Author(s)Matt Rawle
- PublisherAbingdon Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNashville, Tennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbingdon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight45 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.