All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWeary from the turbulent sixties, America entered the 1970s hoping for calm. Instead, the war in Vietnam and its troubled aftermath persisted, the Watergate scandal unfolded, and continuing social unrest at home and abroad provided the backdrop for the new decade. The scene was similar in Hollywood, as it experienced greater upheaval than at any point since the coming of sound. As the studio and star systems declined, actors had more power than ever, and because many had become fiercely politicized by the temper of the times, the movies they made were often more challenging than before. Thus, just when it might have faded out, Hollywood was reborn - but what was the nature of this rebirth? Hollywood Reborn examines this question, with contributors focusing on many of the era's key figures - teworthy actors such as Jane Fonda, Al Paci, Faye Dunaway, and Warren Beatty, and unexpected artists, among them Donald Sutherland, Shelley Winters, and Divine. Each essay offers new perspectives through the lens of an important star, illuminating in the process some of the most fascinating and provocative films of the decade.
- Author BiographyJAMES MORRISON is a professor of literature and film studies at Claremont McKenna College. He is the author, coauthor, or editor of several books, including Roman Polanski and All That Heaven Allows: The Cinema of Todd Haynes.
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note46 photographs
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJames Morrison
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.