Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionOutside Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Batman has assaulted Spider-Man. A Marilyn Monroe called it in and three Elvises witnessed it. Business as usual for the cops out of Hollywood Station, but while they deal with the costumed crackheads, prostitutes, purse snatchers, tweakers and ordinary lunatics that haunt the boulevards, in the streets behind the lights and crowds, the real Los Angeles simmers, never far from boiling point. Under the watchful eye of the veteran sergeant they call Oracle, the Hollywood Station squad are as different as the streets they police. Budgie Polk's back on duty while still breast-feeding her son, begrudgingly teamed with old school patrol officer Fausto Gamboa. Flotsam and Jetsam live only for surfing and the petite - but intrepid - Meg Takara. Andi McCrea goes off duty and into night classes, while rich kid rookie Wesley Drubb is as desperate to see some action as Nathan 'Hollywood' Weiss is to get his script developed. Under-staffed and over-worked, bound by red tape and hobbled by political correctness, these men and women hold the front line in LA's epicentre, but add a diamond robbery, the Russian mafia and a cluelessly ambitious glass freak and something has got to give...
- Author BiographyJoseph Wambaugh served with the LAPD for fourteen years, beginning to write during his last three. His first novel, The New Centurions, was published in 1971 to critical acclaim and popular success. He followed this with a series of highly acclaimed novels including The Blue Knight, The Choirboys, The Black Marble and non-fiction titles such as The Onion Field. He also created the hugely popular and influential TV series, Police Story. In 2004 Wambaugh was the recipient of the Mystery Writers of America Grand Master Award. He lives in Rancho Mirage, California with his wife, Dee.
- Author(s)Joseph Wambaugh
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication11/01/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Out-of-print date15/05/2009
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementUK airports ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.