Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCurated from the luscious Kodachrome stock of the 1940s, rewned preservationist David Wills presents a dazzling Hollywood collection as never before printed. Drawn from Wills' vast collection of first-generation negatives and prints, meticulously scanned and gorgeously printed, these icons of film and style are brought back to life-almost more vibrantly than they were ever seen at the time. In Hollywood in Kodachrome, Wills offers a stunning gallery of hundreds of impossibly lush, full-color photos of the stars of Hollywood's Golden Age. Photographed using late 1940s sheet Kodachrome-a film stock that remains legendary for its tonal range, color accuracy, and detail-the silver screen's elite are brilliantly captured in unparalleled quality. Vividly portrayed in luxuriant detail, the stars in Hollywood in Kodachrome include Elizabeth Taylor, Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, Fred Astaire, Humphrey Bogart, Bette Davis, Frank Sinatra, Joan Crawford, Gregory Peck, Lucille Ball, William Holden, and many more. Including a foreword by Rhonda Fleming, and featuring more than 200 photos from classic films and publicity shoots, Hollywood in Kodachrome is a magnificent culmination of the 1940s' most beloved icons.
- Author BiographyAustralian-born David Wills is an author, independent curator, photographic preservationist, and editor who has accrued one of the world's largest independent archives of original photographs, negatives, and transparencies. He has contributed material to many publications and museums, including the Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Phoenix Art Museum, and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Wills has produced a series of photography exhibitions based on images from his archive. His shows include Murder, Models, Madness: Photographs from the Motion Picture Blow-Up; Edie Sedgwick: Unseen Photographs of a Warhol Superstar; Blonde Bombshell; James Bond; Women with Issues: Photographs from the Motion Picture Valley of the Dolls; and Warhology. Wills's books include Ara Gallant; Marilyn Monroe: Metamorphosis; Audrey: The 60s; Hollywood in Kodachrome; and Seventies Glamour. He is also the co-author of Veruschka. His books and exhibitions have received major profiles in the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, Vanity Fair, American Photo, Vogue, Interview, and Time. He has also written articles on photography and popular culture for publications including the Huffington Post, V Magazine, and Palm Springs Life. A native of the San Francisco Bay Area, Stephen Schmidt is principal of the graphic design company Duuplex, which focuses on brand identity, Web and mobile UI design, and book design. Stephen has provided design and editorial contributions to numerous illustrated book projects. His design work includes the books Seventies Glamour, Hollywood in Kodachrome, Audrey: The 60s, Marilyn Monroe: Metamorphosis; Karim Rashid: Evolution; Florida Modern; Rome, the official companion book to the acclaimed HBO series; and Photo by Sammy Davis, Jr., which received a First Place Photography Book award from the New York Book Show.
- Author(s)David Wills,Stephen Schmidt
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIt Books
- Content NoteFull Colour Throughout
- Weight2295 g
- Width229 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.