All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the ECPA Gold Medallion Book Award, the Holman Bible Atlas is the leading Bible atlas in the English language. Through the use of 132 full-color maps, more than 100 color photographs, timelines, chart summaries, and helpful sidebars, it places readers in the geographical, historical, and cultural contexts of the Bible and enables them to experience its perennially relevant message. The book is presented in two broad divisions: physical geography of the Ancient Near East and biblical history periods from the patriarchs to the Christian era until Constantine. The content is arranged in line with specific biblical texts so that teachers, pastors, and students will see the key events of the Bible and Christianity with exceptional clarity. There's also a wealth of written and visual information regarding various people groups (Aramaeans, Moabites, Phoenicians, etc.), great empires (Egypt, Babylonia, Rome, etc.), and the road systems, agricultural year, and ecomic life of ancient civilizations based on archaeological recoveries.
- Author BiographyThomas V. Brisco is Provost and Chief Academic Officer, Hardin-Simmons University. He also serves as Professor of Old Testament and Archaeology. Dr. Brisco came to Hardin-Simmons from Baylor University where he taught in the Department of Religion. Prior to that, Dr. Brisco taught for 21 years at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, serving also as the Associate Dean for the Doctor of Philosophy Program. Dr. Brisco specializes in ancient near eastern history and archaeology particularly as these subjects relate to the historical, cultural, and geographical setting of the Bible. His archaeological field experience includes work at Tel Aphek and Tel Batash in Israel. An ordained minister with pastoral experience, Dr. Brisco has served as interim pastor in over 20 churches in Texas, Arkansas, Colorado, and Switzerland.
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Weight1270 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byThomas V Brisco
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.