All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Holocaust Memorial Museum reveals and traces the transformation of ancient Jewish symbols, rituals, archetypes and narratives deployed in these sites. Demonstrating how cloaking the 'secular' history of the Holocaust in sacred garb, memorial museums generate redemptive yet conflicting visions of the meaning and utility of Holocaust memory.
- Author BiographyAvril Alba is Lecturer in Holocaust Studies and Jewish Civilisation at the University of Sydney, Australia. From 2002-2011 she was the Education Director at the Sydney Jewish Museum where she also served as the Project Director/Curator for the refurbishment of the Sydney Jewish Museum's permanent exhibition 'Culture and Continuity'. She teaches, researches and consults in the areas of Holocaust representation, Jewish and museum studies.
- Author(s)Avril Alba
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/10/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleThe Holocaust and its Contexts
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight465 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.